The theory group is located at the "Galileo Galilei" physics department of the Padua University. The full mail address is
Dip. di Fisica "Galileo Galilei",
Via Marzolo, 8
- Mrs. Paola Zenere, (+ 39) 0498277119 - Fax: (+ 39) 0498277112,
mail: zenere [AT] pd.infn.it;
- Mrs. Anna Rosa Spalla, (+ 39) 0498277204, mail: spalla [AT] pd.infn.it
If you come by plane, the nearest and by far the most convenient airport is Venice, 40 kilometers east of Padova. Other smaller airports near Padova are Treviso and Verona.
From Venice airport to Padova.
- By bus: there are 'SITA' buses every 30 minutes from Venice airport to Padova and vice-versa. The ride takes approximately one hour (depending on traffic conditions). The final stop in Padova is at the train station, from which you can reach the Department in 10-15 minutes on foot.
- By door-to-door collective minibus: Airservice will take you from the Airport to any address in Padua, or viceversa, for 29 euros (one way). Reservations at least 24 hours in advance are compulsory, they can be made by phone, fax, e-mail or web, more details at the Airservice webpage.
- By taxi: The taxi ride can be very expensive, around 100 Euros.
If you come by train, Padova is both on the Venezia-Milano-Torino and on the Venezia-Roma lines (many trains are available). In Padova the train station is quite close to the Physics Department, a 10-15 minutes walk if you do not have heavy luggage. Train schedules can be consulted at the Trenitalia website.
The institute on the map
Staying in Padova
If you visit us and you plan to stay for a short period we can recommend Hotel Igea (a 3* Hotel very close to the physics department), Hotel Toscanelli (4* in the historic city centre), and Hotel Donatello (4*) and Hotel Giotto (3*), relatively close to our department.
If you are planning to visit us for longer periods we suggest the "Foresteria La Nave" (Restrictions apply).
Information from the International Welcome Office can be found HERE.